CyRIC www.cyric.eu is a fast-growing technology company developing disruptive products for the world markets with a specialization in Biotechnology, Internet-of-Things Solutions (iot.cyric.eu) & Networks,Unmanned Aerial & ground vehicles. In addition, CyRIC provides unique, high quality services to the industry and an established provider and integrator of commercial technology solutions and products.
CyRIC is the National Business Innovation Center (EU|BIC) of Cyprus, certified by the European Business Network (EBN) www.ebn.eu validating the range and quality of the innovation services provided to local and international SMEs and startups.
CyRIC R&D Center is one of the most successful in Cyprus with a portfolio of more than 50 research & innovation projects with budgets exceeding 60 million Euro. We also offer R&D services in the fields of: a) engineering design & prototyping, b) electrical engineering, c) embedded electronics and communications, d) internet of things and software solutions, e) mechatronics, f) robotics. In addition, several specialized consultancy and entrepreneurship services are offered to startups and SMEs.
Since 2015, CyRIC has invested and incubated several startups and currently operates the only High-Tech Incubator in the country, called Gravity www.gravity.ventures.
R&D Project Officer
We are looking for an expert in research project management and proposal writing. The successful candidate will be working closely with CyRIC’s R&D Director and be responsible for the preparation of new research proposals for EU and National calls, as well as for the management & planning of ongoing research projects.
As part of a team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art projects in collaboration with world class (local and international) organizations and innovative start-ups.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a part of our R&D team, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Prepare (either assisting other team members or under own responsibility) high-quality R&D proposals for European and National calls
- Identify state of the art ideas and concepts and transform them into successful proposals
- Collaborate with our network of partners, assist in maintaining and enlarging it
- Work together with the R&D Director and Division managers on planning proposals’ submission and meeting the company targets.
- Work together with the R&D Director on management issues of ongoing R&D projects, such as effort planning, contacts management and templates preparation
- Continuously monitor forthcoming calls and funding opportunities
- Co-ordinate and work together with external project partners towards the efficient management of projects.
- Assist in reporting activities for ongoing projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in participation in EU and National funded projects
- Experience in managing/coordinating EU/National funded projects
- Experience in proposal writing for European and National funding agencies
- A desire, ability and talent to work on all aspects of research projects proposal preparation and project management
- Curiosity for the state-of-the-art and desire to understand different technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in both Greek and English
- Willingness to travel for EU project obligations
- Easy going, creative individuals with an R&D experience
Added Preferred Qualifications
- PhD Level of Education in Science, Engineering or other related fields Engineering/Science fields.
How We Work
We plan ahead our submissions of R&D proposals, in coordination with all Division managers. We continuously expand our network of high-quality collaborators, in order to be able to form top quality consortia and winning ideas. For our ongoing projects, we plan our effort allocation ahead of time at a high-level and we deep-dive into details once reporting is due.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS i.e. Metrics that would help in defining and measuring progress
- Efficient and professional implementation and management of assigned projects
- Success rate and funding raised through R&D proposals
English or/and Greek (Fluent verbal and written communication)
Compensation and benefits
- This will vary depending on qualifications
- Highly competitive salary (13th salary included)
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
- Unlimited opportunities for personal development
- Work in highly innovative projects and products
- Positive work environment
Tel: +357 22 282828
Hiring Company: Cyprus Research and Innovation Center Ltd
Email: email@example.com (CV and Cover Letter)