CyRIC is a fast-growing technology company with a strategic aim to become an important regional Center developing disruptive products for the world markets providing unique, high quality services to the industry and an established provider and integrator of commercial technology solutions and products.
CYRIC offers Research and Innovation Services for its customers in the fields of engineering design and prototyping, electronics and communications and software solutions. In addition, several specialized consultancy and entrepreneurship services are offered to startups and SMEs.
Moreover, CyRIC has a diversified portfolio of hardware and software technology products and solutions which provides in the local market with a specialization in spectrum of Internet of Things solutions and networks.
Engineer in Robotics Technology
Engineering Design & Prototyping Division Manager
CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated Engineer in Robotics Technology to join its Mechanical Engineering and Prototyping Division. The successful candidate will work in class leading laboratories, together with a team of professionals on the development of diverse engineering technologies from concept development and prototyping all the way to fully operational products.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with an understanding of robotics technology engineering and at least 5- years of relevant experience are required. A portfolio with examples of past projects should be available for review. Work experience in relevant R&D engineering environments will be considered an advantage.
The candidate is expected to have a methodical and practical approach to solving problems, coming up with new ideas, and to combine creativity, computer, technical, interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate ideas about new designs. Fluency in Greek and English language is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will include research and development of robotic systems with direct application towards aerial and ground robots, participation in design of compound systems that integrate hardware and software, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up.
The successful candidate will participate in recommending ideas related to R&D technologies, innovative concepts and products and multidimensional engineering projects, as well as in comprehensive collaboration with other engineers, scientists and end-users.
The work location will be CyRIC’s central office in Nicosia. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Required Qualifications and Skills
Required academic and technical expertise:
- Experience in developing real robots, analytic techniques and algorithms for autonomous navigation, coordination and control for Unmanned Aerial and Ground Vehicles.
- Experience in developing 3D simulations based on Robotic Operating System / Gazebo.
- Ability to program in C/C++, Python, MATLAB and/or any additional embedded controller languages.
- Robotics specific skills in Linux, Arduino, Raspbian and OpenCV.
- Apply engineering methods and practices, ensuring on-time, traceable, and fully realized prototypes, proof-of-concepts and demonstrators.
- Develop reusable application frameworks, reducing cost, complexity, and overall maintenance of proposed solutions
Desired Qualifications and Skills
Desired personal and soft skills:
- Can-do attitude and problem-solver.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in written form.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Curiosity for the state-of-the-art and desire to understand different technologies.
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
- Experience with technical documentation and reporting.
- Participation in EU or local funded projects and/or proposal writing.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive depending on qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
Tel: +357 22 282828
Hiring Company: Cyprus Research and Innovation Center Ltd
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (CV and Cover Letter)