CyRIC is a fast-growing technology company with a strategic aim to become an important regional Center developing disruptive products for the world markets providing unique, high quality services to the industry and an established provider and integrator of commercial technology solutions and products.
CYRIC offers Research and Innovation Services for its customers in the fields of engineering design and prototyping, electronics and communications and software solutions. In addition, several specialized consultancy and entrepreneurship services are offered to startups and SMEs.
Moreover, CyRIC has a diversified portfolio of hardware and software technology products and solutions which provides in the local market with a specialization in spectrum of Internet of Things solutions and networks.
Electronics and Networks Division Manager
If you are a talented engineer interested in joining our highly creative team and work on innovative projects with the latest IoT technologies, this role might be for you. You will join a team consisting of both IoT and R&D engineers, conducting high-quality applied research and innovation activities to advance the company’s IoT portfolio.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our Electronics and Networks team with a desire, ability and talent to work on all aspects of IoT project design and implementation, in fields from embedded wearable devices to Smart Cities and Infrastructures, and from wireless network deployments to miniaturised biosensors. Projects will range from integration projects for CyRIC’s customers to advanced state of the art European R&D projects, as well as new product developments for international markets.
CyRICs’ Electronics and Networks (ECN) Division coordinates and participates in several R&D and Commercial projects focusing on the areas of IoT, Smart and Embedded Systems, Wearables, Biosensors and Photonics and their applications in domains such as Smart Cities and Infrastructures, Edu-Tech, Safety and Wellbeing, Agri-Tech. Through these projects we stay at the forefront of cutting-edge innovations and can develop, test and deploy the latest IoT technologies.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an IoT Engineer in our team, you will be expected to:
- Design and implement IoT system prototypes involving hardware and software components.
- Participate in LoRaWAN deployments to support R&D and Commercial projects
- Produce insights and new concepts based on IoT market analysis and state-of-the-art in connected devices and wireless systems, as well as their commercial applications.
- Test and evaluate cutting-edge IoT systems and their respective HW/SW, including automation systems, sensors, wearables, and gadgets.
- Coordinate and work together with external project partners towards the efficient implementation of R&D and commercial projects.
- Required Qualifications and Skills
- BSc/BEng or Dipl-Ing in Electronic/Computer Engineering/Science or closely related fields.
- Minimum 1-year hands-on experience with IoT systems installation or prototyping via professional or personal/student projects, involving both hardware and software.
- Experience with embedded systems, i.e. microprocessors/SBC and/or microcontrollers.
- Familiarity with at least one wireless protocol (LoRaWAN, BT/BLE, Wi-Fi, NB-IoT)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in both Greek and English.
- Can-do attitude and Problem-solver
Desired Qualifications and Skills
Relevant MSc/MEng/Dipl-Ing/PhD Specialisation or working experience will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with commercial IoT platforms and customer deployments
- Experience in participation in EU and/or RIF funded projects
- LoRaWAN devices, gateways, network server
- Linux Operating System
- Firmware development (ARM)
- Software/Middleware Technologies (REST APIs, MQTT, WebSockets, SQL, NoSQL)
- AI/Machine Learning Technologies
- Inquisitive nature and curiosity about new technologies
- Professional qualifications in Networks or Systems
English & Greek (Fluent verbal and written communication)
Compensation and benefits
Competitive depending on qualifications
Tel: +357 22 282828
Hiring Company: Cyprus Research and Innovation Center Ltd