We are looking for a talented and dedicated Industrial/Product Designer to work together with a team of professionals on the development of diverse engineering products from concept development and physical prototypes all the way to production.
A bachelor’s degree in industrial design engineering and 3 years relevant experience are required. Work experience in consumer electronics products will be considered as an advantage. A portfolio with examples of past design projects should be available for review.
The candidate is expected to combine artistic ability, creativity, technical skills, computer skills (graphics, CAD, and animation software), interpersonal skills, and presentation skills to communicate ideas about new product designs. Duties will include working with end-users/clients to determine design requirements, generating, visualizing and presenting alternative design solutions, evaluating design solutions (in terms of safety, ergonomics, function, appearance, budget, production costs/methods, market characteristics, etc.), creating physical prototypes, selecting materials and manufacturing methods, collaborating with engineers and manufacturers, and participating in product testing.
The following components are considered as job specific requirements:
- Work on all aspects of industrial/product design including design for manufacturing
- Recognize a broad range of potential in a given problem statement.
- Model and visualize solutions before all the information is available.
- An approach to problem solving that involves the creation and evaluation of multiple alternatives.
- Curiosity for the state-of-the-art and desire to work different projects and technologies
- Knowledge on potential suppliers for product manufacturing.
For applications please post your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org