CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated senior Electrical/Electronic Technician to join its Mechanical Engineering and Prototyping Division. The successful candidate will work in class leading R&D Center, together with a team of professionals on the development of diverse engineering technologies from concept development and physical prototypes all the way to fully operational products.
|Location||CyRIC Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Department||R&D Department – Engineering Design & Prototyping Division|
|Reporting To||Engineering Design & Prototyping Division Manager|
|Hiring Position||Full-Time or Part-Time Employment|
|Required Educational Qualifications||Diploma or Technical Degree in Electrical/Electronics and closely related Mechanical Engineering or Science fields|
|Desired Qualifications||Relevant Bachelor of Engineering degree (B.Eng.) and familiarity with manufacturing, electrical/electronic systems will be considered an advantage|
|Relevant Experience||Minimum 10 years of experience in engineering prototype and product development|
|Language Requirements||Greek, English (Fluent verbal and written communication)|
CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated senior Electrical/Electronic Technician to join its Mechanical Engineering and Prototyping Division. The successful candidate will work in class leading R&D Center, together with a team of professionals on the development of diverse engineering technologies from concept development and physical prototypes all the way to fully operational products. A technical degree or diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and 10 years of relevant experience are required. A portfolio with examples of past projects should be available for review. Work experience in engineering workshop environments will be considered an advantage. Duties will include working with end-users/clients and colleagues to determine design requirements, evaluating design solutions (in terms of safety, ergonomics, function, appearance, budget, production costs/methods etc.), develop and implement electrical wiring and prototype systems, integrating physical prototypes, selecting materials and manufacturing methods, collaborating with engineers and manufacturers, and participating in product testing. The successful candidate will assist R&D engineers with device/product development including rapid prototyping designs, troubleshooting failures, proposing and evaluating design improvements. She/He will have to provide appropriate documentation of operational functional testing, troubleshooting of components, subassemblies, and materials. The work location will be CyRIC’s central office in Nicosia. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
Required technical expertise:
- Design and build prototypes (typical areas are : industrial automations, machinery, electrical equipment, electronic consumer products etc.)
- Machine and component manufacturing using hands-on electrical and mechanical skills.
- Experience in assembly of high-fidelity prototyping and machinery.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and CAD/CAM applications.
- Knowledge of connectivity and functionality of electronic circuits, PLC, etc.
- Knowledge of basic material properties and mechanical usefulness and appropriateness based on project requirements.
- Experience in working with instrumentation for testing and integration
- Experience in laboratory operations and machinery utilization.
- Knowledge of 3D rapid prototyping methods.
- Maintaining a safe working environment in the Machine/Electrical shop.
- Collaboration with external machine shops, suppliers, and partners to create specialized components, prototypes, machinery etc.
Desired personal and soft skills:
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Can-do attitude and problem-solver
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Challenging assumptions and thinking innovatively to solve complex problems
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
- CAD/CAM industrial software
- Experience with technical documentation preparation
What you get out of this:
- Highly competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Unlimited opportunities for personal development
- Work in highly innovative projects and products
- Positive work environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter describing how you fit the job description and specific competencies.