- Department: Electronics, Communications and Networks Division
- Reporting To: Electronics, Communications and Networks Division Manager
- Hiring Position: Full-Time Employment (1 positions)
- Required Educational Qualifications: BSc/BEng or Dipl-Ing in Electronic/Electrical/Computer Engineering or closely related Engineering or Science fields
- Desired Educational Qualifications: Relevant graduate/postgraduate specialisation and familiarity with R&D will be considered an advantage
- Required Experience: Minimum 3 years of professional or graduate working experience required, either in industry or academia
- Desired Experience: Hands-on experience via personal/student/ individual and/or team projects involving both hardware and software components.
- Language Requirements: English (Fluent verbal and written communication)
As a fast-growing technology company with one of the most successful R&D Centers in Cyprus and a Technology Incubator, CyRIC is looking for inquisitive minds and new talent to join our team. Our research and innovation projects’ portfolio the last 5 years exceeds 50 Million Euro, both at the local and European level. CyRICs’ Electronics, Communications and Networks (ECN) Division coordinates and participates in several R&D projects focusing on the areas of IoT, Smart and Embedded Systems, Wearables, Biosensors and Photonics.
The successful candidate will work on projects of CyRIC in the fields of the IoT networking, sensor electronics, automated diagnostic/biosensing devices, and wearables. The candidate will be conducting high-quality applied R&D along the following axes:
- Design and develop functional prototypes for projects involving hardware and software components, from electronics design and PCB layout to firmware development and testing.
- Produce insights and concepts for new projects based on research and analysis of current trends and products in the areas of interest.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
Required academic and technical expertise:
- Solid understanding of at least two of the following fields:
- embedded systems and microcontroller architectures
- networking principles and protocols
- wireless and communication technologies
- computer and software engineering
- Hands-on experience with prototyping hardware/electronics and software projects
- Design/Development of embedded devices and firmware (preferably ARM-based)
- Electronics design from schematics to PCB design/assembly (preferably Altium)
- Experience in at least one programming language (C, C++, Python, specify if other)
Desired personal and soft skills:
- Good communicator and team worker
- Can-do attitude and Problem-solver
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Participation in EU or local funded projects and/or proposal writing
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
- LabVIEW development and NI hardware
- LoRaWAN devices, gateways, network server
- End-to-end IoT application development
- Wireless routers and software-defined radio (OpenWrt, USRP)
- Electronic circuits simulation (LTSpice, Pspice, Multisim)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter of up to 2 pages, describing how you fit the job description and specific competencies.
- Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one or more skills test days at CyRIC offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.