Looking for passionate engineers with an appetite for R&D to work on cutting edge projects of CyRIC and innovate in the fields of the Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical System (CPS) and Automation Systems (AS). The successful candidate will become a member of the Electronics, Communications and Networks team and will be conducting high-quality applied research and development along three axes: 1. Design and implement working IoT prototypes, 2. Produce insights and new concepts, 3. Test and evaluate cutting-edge electronic and IoT devices.
|Location||CyRIC Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Department||Electronics, Communications and Networks Division|
|Reporting To||Electronics, Communications and Networks Division Manager|
|Hiring Position||Full-Time Employment (2 positions)|
|Required Educational Qualifications||BSc/BEng or Dipl-Ing in Electronic/Electrical/Computer Engineering or closely related Engineering or Science fields|
|Desired Educational Qualifications||Relevant MSc/MEng/Dipl-Ing or PhD/PhD candidate Specialisation and familiarity with R&D will be considered an advantage|
|Relevant Experience||Minimum 2 years of professional or graduate working experience required, either in industry or academia. Candidates should have hands-on experience via personal/student/ individual and/or team projects involving both hardware and software components.|
|Language Requirements||Greek, English (Fluent verbal and written communication)|
As a fast-growing technology company with one of the most successful R&D Centers in Cyprus and a Technology Incubator, CyRIC is looking for inquisitive minds and new talent to join our team. Our research and innovation projects portfolio the last 5 years exceeds 50 Million Euro, both at the local and European level.
CyRICs’ Electronics, Communications and Networks (ECN) Division coordinates and participates in several R&D projects focusing on the areas of IoT, Smart and Embedded Systems, Wearables, Biosensors and Photonics and their applications in domains such as Smart Cities and Infrastructures, Edu-Tech, Safety and Wellbeing, Agri-Tech. Through these projects we manage to stay constantly aware of the state-of-the-art technologies in our fields of interest and have the opportunities to develop and deploy new technologies.
The successful candidate will work on cutting edge projects of CyRIC aiming to innovate in the broad fields of the Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical System (CPS) and Automation Systems (AS). Postdoc/PhD Holders will be offered the opportunity to perform original research in their field of expertise with emphasis on applying their findings in new CyRIC projects and products.
The successful candidate will become a member of the Electronics, Communications and Networks team and will be conducting high-quality applied research and development along the following three axes:
- Design and implement working prototypes of internal or external projects involving hardware and software components.
- Produce insights and new concepts based on research and analysis of state-of-the-art in connected devices and wireless/mobile systems as well as their applications in the IoT, CPS and AS
- Test and evaluate cutting-edge electronic devices and their respective SDKs, including wearables, robots, drones, gadgets and automation systems.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
Required academic and technical expertise:
• Solid understanding of at least two fields:
o networking principles and protocols
o computer and microcontroller architectures
o automation systems
o wireless and mobile technologies
• Hands-on experience with prototyping hardware/electronics and software projects
• Experience with Single Board Computers and/or microcontrollers (Raspberry Pi, Arduino)
• Experience in at least one programming language (C++, Java, C#, C, Python, other)
• Familiarity in at least one scientific/modelling language (LabVIEW, MATLAB/Simulink)
Desired personal and soft skills:
• Good communicator and team worker
• Can-do attitude and Problem-solver
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Participation in EU or local funded projects and/or proposal writing
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
• End-to-end IoT application development
• LoRaWAN devices, gateways, network server
• Embedded devices and firmware development (AVR, ARM)
• Electronic schematics to PCB design (Altium, Eagle, KiCAD, Fritzing)
• LabVIEW development and NI hardware
• Mobile App/Web Development
• Wireless routers and software-defined radio (OpenWrt, USRP)
• Electronic circuits design and simulation (LTSpice, Pspice, Multisim)
• REST API, Middleware and Web Services
• 3D Printing and rapid prototyping
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter of up to 2 pages, describing how you fit the job description and specific competencies.
• Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one or more skills test days at CyRIC offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.