The job opening is for candidates with a Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Automation or Computer Engineering. A PhD in the same or related area will also be considered as a plus. We are looking for an R&D proposal writer that has also the necessary skillset for handling administration issues of ongoing projects, such as timesheets management, contacts management and templates preparation. Proposals to be prepared and submitted will target both European and National calls and can be in any of the focus areas for the R&D Division.
|Location||CyRIC Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Reporting To||R&D Director|
|Hiring Position||Full-Time Employment|
|Minimum Educational Qualifications||Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Automation or Computer Engineering|
|Desired Educational Qualifications||PhD Level of Education in any of the following or related fields: |
• Electrical engineering
• Electronics engineering
• Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics engineering
• Computer engineering
|Relevant Experience||At least 1 year working experience in an R&D environment, either in the public or private domain. Familiarity with R&D grants.|
|Language Requirements||Fluent spoken and writing skills in both Greek and English. Any additional EU language will be a plus.|
|Travel Requirements||The position will have periodic travel obligations and you will be required to engage in this as necessary|
As a fast-growing technology company with one of the most successful R&D Centers in Cyprus and a Technology Incubator, we are looking for inquisitive minds and new talent to join our team. Our research and innovation projects portfolio the last 5 years exceeds 50 Million Euro, both at the local and European level. CyRIC’s R&D division participates in several R&D projects, coordinating many of them, focusing on the areas of:
a) Embedded electronics, IoT, Automation, Robotics,
b) Mechanical engineering & prototyping, including mechatronics,
c) Software development, including data analytics, machine learning and AI.
Through these projects we manage to stay constantly aware of the state-of-the-art technologies in our fields of interest and have the opportunities to develop and deploy new technologies.
We are looking for an R&D proposal writer that has also the necessary skillset for handling administration issues of ongoing projects, such as timesheets management, contacts management and templates preparation. The successful candidate will be working closely with the R&D Director. Proposals to be prepared and submitted will target both European and National calls and can be in any of the focus areas for the R&D Division.
As part of a team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art projects in collaboration with world class (local and international) organizations and innovative start-ups. Depending on previous experience, the candidate will be assisting or even leading the preparation of R&D proposals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
What we are looking for:
• Easy going, creative individuals with an R&D experience
• Experience in participation in EU and National funded projects
• Experience in proposal writing for European and Local funding agencies
• A desire, ability and talent to work on all aspects of research project proposal preparation and project administration
• Curiosity for the state-of-the-art and desire to understand different projects and technologies
Duties and responsibilities:
As a part of our R&D team you will be expected to:
• Prepare (either assisting other team members or under own responsibility) high-quality R&D proposals for European and National calls
• Collaborate with our network of partners and assist in maintaining and enlarging it
• Work together with the R&D Director and Division managers on planning proposals’ submission and meeting the company targets
• Work together with the R&D Director on administration issues of ongoing R&D projects, such as time-sheets management, contacts management and templates preparation
• Continuously monitor forthcoming calls and funding opportunities
• Assist in reporting activities for ongoing projects
How we work:
We plan ahead our submissions of R&D proposals, in coordination with all Division managers. We continuously expand our network of high-quality collaborators, in order to be able to form top quality consortia and form winning ideas.
For our ongoing projects, we plan our effort allocation ahead of time at a high-level and we deep-dive into details once reporting is due.
• Highly competitive salary (13th salary included)
• Medical insurance
• Provident fund
• Unlimited opportunities for personal development
• Work in highly innovative projects and products
• Positive work environment
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Efficient and professional implementation of assigned tasks
• Success rate and funding raised through R&D proposals