CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated Industrial/Product Designer to join its Mechanical Engineering and Prototyping Division. The successful candidate will work together with a team of professionals on the development of diverse engineering products from concept development and physical prototypes all the way to production.
|Location||CyRIC Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Department||Engineering Design & Prototyping Division|
|Reporting To||Engineering Design & Prototyping Division Manager|
|Hiring Position||Full-Time or Part-Time Employment|
|Required Educational Qualifications||BSc Industrial Design Engineering|
|Relevant Experience||At least 3 years working experience on industrial product design|
|Language Requirements||Fluent spoken and writing skills in both Greek and English|
|Travel Requirements||The position will have periodic travel obligations and you will be required to engage in this as necessary|
CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated Industrial/Product Designer to join its Mechanical Engineering and Prototyping Division. The successful candidate will work together with a team of professionals on the development of diverse engineering products from concept development and physical prototypes all the way to production. A bachelor’s degree in industrial design engineering and 3 years relevant experience are required. A portfolio with examples of past design projects should be available for review. Work experience in consumer electronics products will be considered as an advantage. The candidate is expected to combine artistic ability, creativity, technical skills, computer skills (graphics, CAD, and animation software), interpersonal skills, and presentation skills to communicate ideas about new product designs. Very good command of the Greek and English language is required (both written and spoken). Duties will include working with end-users/clients to determine design requirements, generating, visualizing and presenting alternative design solutions, evaluating design solutions (in terms of safety, ergonomics, function, appearance, budget, production costs/methods, market characteristics, etc.), creating physical prototypes, selecting materials and manufacturing methods, collaborating with engineers and manufacturers, and participating in product testing. The work location will be the CyRIC’s central office in Nicosia. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
What we are looking for:
- Recognize a broad range of potential in a given problem statement.
- Work at varying levels of abstraction.
- Model and visualize solutions before all the information is available.
- An approach to problem solving that involves the creation and evaluation of multiple conceptual alternatives.
- Curiosity for the state-of-the-art and desire to work different projects and technologies
- Work on all aspects of industrial/product design including design for manufacturing
- Knowledge of potential suppliers for product manufacturing.
What you get out of this:
- Highly competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Unlimited opportunities for personal development
- Work in highly innovative projects and products
- Positive work environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter of up to 2 pages, describing how you fit the job description and specific competencies.
- Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one or more skills test days at CyRIC offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.