Looking for passionate Embedded R&D Engineers to innovate in cutting-edge CyRIC projects on Smart/Embedded Systems, Internet of Things (IoT) and Wearables. The successful candidate will become a member of the Electronics, Communications and Networks (ECN) Division and will be conducting high-quality postdoctoral research and development aiming to: 1. Produce innovative concepts for new projects and proposals, 2. Design and develop functional prototypes involving embedded systems, and 3. Participate in R&D project technical implementation and deliverable writing
|Location||CyRIC Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Department||Electronics, Communications and Networks Division|
|Reporting To||Electronics, Communications and Networks Division Manager|
|Hiring Position||Full-Time Employment (2 positions)|
|Required Educational Qualifications||PhD in Electronic/Electrical/Computer Engineering or closely related Engineering or Science fields|
|Desired Educational Qualifications||Relevant postdoctoral experience will be considered an advantage|
|Required Experience||Hands-on experience at graduate/postgraduate level on embedded systems, H2020 and/or RIF proposal and deliverable writing experience.|
|Desired Experience||Minimum 3 years of graduate working experience in an applied R&D setting on IoT or Wearables or Biotechnologies|
|Language Requirements||English (Fluent verbal and written communication)|
As a fast-growing technology company with one of the most successful R&D Centers in Cyprus and a Technology Incubator, CyRIC is looking for inquisitive minds and new talent to join our team. Our research and innovation projects’ portfolio the last 5 years exceeds 50 Million Euro, both at the local and European level. CyRICs’ Electronics, Communications and Networks (ECN) Division coordinates and participates in several R&D projects focusing on the areas of IoT, Smart and Embedded Systems, Wearables, Biosensors and Photonics.
The successful candidate will work on H2020 and RPF/RIF projects of CyRIC in the fields of IoT/wireless networking, sensor electronics, automated diagnostic/biosensing devices, and smart insoles. PhD Holders will be offered the opportunity to perform original postdoctoral research in their field of expertise with emphasis on applying their findings in new CyRIC projects and concepts.
The candidate will be conducting high-quality applied R&D along the following axes:
- Produce innovative concepts for new projects and proposals based on research and analysis of state-of-the-art and funding programs in the areas of interest.
- Design and develop functional prototypes involving embedded systems and firmware development for IoT and Wearables projects.
- Participate in R&D project technical implementation and deliverable writing.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
Required academic and technical expertise:
- Solid understanding of at least two of the following fields:
- embedded systems and microcontroller architectures
- networking principles and protocols
- wireless and communication technologies
- computer and/or software engineering
- Hands-on experience with prototyping hardware/electronics and software projects
- Design/Development of embedded devices and firmware (preferably ARM-based)
- Experience in at least one programming language (C, C++, Python, specify if other)
- Participation in EU or local funded projects and/or proposal writing
Desired personal and soft skills:
- Good communicator and team worker
- Can-do attitude and Problem-solver
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
- LoRaWAN devices, gateways, network server
- End-to-end IoT application development
- LabVIEW development and NI hardware
- Wireless routers and software-defined radio (OpenWRT, LimeSDR, other)
- Electronics design from schematics to PCB design/assembly (preferably Altium)
- Electronic circuits simulation (LTSpice, Pspice, Multisim)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter of up to 2 pages, describing how you fit the job description and specific competencies.
- Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one or more skills test days at CyRIC offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.