CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated CFD Engineer to join its Engineering Design & Prototyping Division supporting aerodynamics, fluid dynamics and wind turbine design.
|Location||CyRIC Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Department||Engineering Design & Prototyping Division|
|Reporting To||Engineering Design & Prototyping Division Manager|
|Hiring Position||Full-Time Employment (1 positions)|
|Required Educational Qualifications||BSc/BEng Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering or Science fields|
|Desired Educational Qualifications||Relevant MSc/MEng or PhD specialisation and familiarity with CFD will be considered an advantage|
|Required Experience||Minimum 3 years of dedicated CFD experience required|
|Language Requirements||Greek, English (Fluent verbal and written communication)|
CyRIC is looking for a talented and dedicated CFD Engineer to join its Engineering Design & Prototyping Division supporting aerodynamics, fluid dynamics and wind turbine design. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced work environment together with a team of professionals on the design, analysis and development of innovative fluid-structure–interaction projects and concepts. We offer a competitive package and the chance to work on exciting projects using the latest and best development tools. A Master of Science degree in aerospace and mechanical engineering is preferred but a strong Bachelor of Science candidate will be considered. PhD in relevant subjects such as aerodynamics and aerospace design applications, wind turbine design, thermodynamic analysis and other physical CFD related subjects will be considered a plus. The candidate is expected to combine engineering ability, technical and analytical skills, computer skills (CAE and simulation industrial software), interpersonal skills, and presentation skills to communicate ideas and knowledge about advanced designs and projects. Very good command of the Greek and English language is required (both written and spoken). Duties will include applying modeling and simulation methodologies for complex problems that involve fluid-structure–interaction, assessing and evaluating data from experimental and real-life tests, supporting ongoing projects and preparation of contract deliverables (technical and progress reports, final reports, briefings, etc.), collaborating with other engineering and academia teams for the purposes of all projects’ completion, participating in technical internal and external meetings. The work location will be the CyRIC’s central office in Nicosia. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
Required academic and technical expertise:
- CFD modeling focused on wind turbine design, large and detached eddy simulations and wake interaction effects of external flows and turbulent boundary layers
- Utilization of CFD numerical tools to simulate relevant low and high Reynolds numbers, incompressible flow fields for aerodynamic and fluid dynamic applications as well as internal flows with complex geometries
- Optimization of computational grid using advanced mesh techniques on complex geometries
- Demonstrated technical competence with two and three-dimensional computational fluid dynamics solvers
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamental physics and principles of fluid dynamics, aerodynamics and wind turbine design aspects
- Consistent records of using commercial simulation codes (ANSYS Fluent and CFX) to model and simulate complex engineering problems
- Consistent record in conducting research and producing viable solutions for engineering problems based on simulations
Desired personal and soft skills:
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Can-do attitude and Problem-solver
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Expertise in any of the following fields would be considered an advantage:
- Multiphase computational fluid dynamics analysis
- Background with applied aerodynamics, internal flows, heat transfer, or fluid structure interactions
- Experience with technical document and report writing
- Participation in EU or local funded projects and/or proposal writing
- Experience with fluid structure interaction modeling, particle transport, or even other non-CFD numerical modeling
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter of up to 2 pages, describing how you fit the job description and specific competencies.
- Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one or more skills test days at CyRIC offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.